Everyone achieves greatness at BioNTech! That’s because, as the largest privately held biotechnology company in Europe, we are working on revolutionary approaches in the fight against cancer and other diseases. Over 750 dedicated, passionate pioneers achieve sensational success and promising breakthroughs time and again by forging new paths – and ensure people all around the world have hope for the future. You too can become a pioneer!
Bioinformatics Scientist (m/f)
Data Management and NGS
Here, you’ll achieve greatness.Extend the BioNTech research team and enhance its knowledge - Continuous development and implementation of novel bioinformatics (mainly NGS) methods. Your duties in detail:
- Programming and analysing bioinformatics data with knowledge in Python, R, Java and Bash required. Apply analytical and bioinformatics tools
- Integration, Transformation and quality control of datasets. Carrying out statistical tests derived from medical/immunological/clinical research.
- Analysing NGS data, especially single cell sequencing data, from 10x Genomics and other platforms for different purposes, e.g. T Cell receptor discovery
- You will work in an international, team-oriented environment
What you have to offer
- PhD in bioinformatics, biosciences, informatics or a comparable discipline respectively master's degree/diploma plus at least three years professional experience
- Knowledge and experience in developing software and experience in using bioinformatics tools, including such for analysing and interpretation of high throughput data
- Candidates with profound knowledge and demonstrated experience in data management and in sequencing methods, especially single cell sequencing are searched. Knowledge in genetics and immunology is highly appreciated
- Strong statistical knowledge and experience is assumed. Lab experience is a plus, at least a deep understanding is required
- Ability to write and speak English well is a must, knowledge of German advantageous. We are looking for candidates who are happy to work in an agile start-up environment
Benefits for you.
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?Then apply now for our location Mainz and simply send us your application documents using our online form.
If you have any further questions, Marlen Saleh will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon).